Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Pokemon

My daughter loves to watch Pokemon cartoons and movies, as well as play the Nintendo games. So today was another Pokemon themed bento. My cousin gave me the idea. It features Snorlax, made of rice and nori of course with cheese and carrot accents. I used individual rice grains to make the claws. To the side, I made a corn and egg recipe from a bento book and used hot dog to make Dugtrio. My food marker was acting up, so the eyes could have been better. I used carrot for the noses. Then I added cucumber slices, a couple of grape tomatoes, and two orange wedges. This was a hit with my daughter because she ate virtually everything. I thought for sure the tomatoes would come back home, but to my pleasant surprised she seems to now like tomatoes...after I've forced them on her enough times. hehe

1 comment:

KP said...

I LOVE this! It is so creative. I have worked with Nori covered characters before, so I know how tough it is to make them look neat. Great job:)