Monday, December 1, 2008

First December Bento

I'm a little rusty.


Here are the kid's lunches for today.

Devin's has a flower shaped onigiri with a small pickled plum in the middle. Sliced fish sausages in the cup, apple rabbits, and soy sauce in the green container.


Second tier has grille barumundi fish, a lemon slice, carrots and celery, dip in the green container.



Bryce's has a bear shaped onigiri, plum nose and nori accents. Fish sausage, apples and soy sauce.




Grilled fish, lemon slice, carrots and celery with dip.





My Melody box for Devin.


Bear box for Bryce.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

Are your soy sauce and dressing containers re useable or do the kids throw them away after one use. I've seen the packets of containers for sale in J-town.

You are an artist. Your daily lunches have inspired me to be more creative with garnishes and dishes.

Thanks

Alice

KP said...

Hi, Alice!
Thank you for the compliment:) Yes, all of the containers are reusable. The soy sauce containers are the squeeze and fill kind. So I squeeze out any unused sauce and squeeze in soapy water and keep repeating with clean water until it comes out clear.

Also, food picks are reausable as well, I just have to remember to put a mesh cover over my sink's drain so they don't fall down there.