Monday, December 8, 2008

Snowman bento


Well, 'tis the season, I guess. I am trying to get into the spirit so I made snowmen for the kids today.

The snowman is made of rice. The hat is cut from black olives. The nose is an actual tiny carrot and nori for the eyes and mouth. The scarf is made out of cheese and the buttons are pickled plums.


Along with the snowman, there are three grilled shrimp, cucumber slices , cherry tomatoes and half of a boiled egg.



Here are the boxes.










And I didnt get a chance to post these from last week so I added them on to this post. There is grilled fish, onigiri, boiled shoyu egg, and tempura hearts.







4 comments:

Par said...

Thats a nice looking snowman you got there.

Mama Bee Simple said...

waw thats so cool! your blog is super cool and getting festive with food woo!!

love it!

Hope to hear from you!
Monika ♥

KP said...

I Love Pearly,

Thank you for the compliment:) I visited your site and it's so pretty and your dog is adorable!!

KP said...

Monika,

Thank you so much for visiting my amateurish blog and I just checked out and bookmarked yours:) I too am TRYING to live a more green life and your dog is beautiful!