Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Boo!

After weeks of being sick and my daughter eating lunch at school, I got back into making bento this week...with a Halloween theme naturally.

Today, lunch was mummy dogs. I cut one hot dog in half and wrapped crescent roll dough around the dogs and baked them.


Yesterday was Frankenstein and ghost onigiris with tuna and Kewpie mayo inside. On the top tier, I included tamagoyaki, carrots shaped like pumpkins, cucumbers, and an apple wedge. I meant to make the apple wedge have teeth, but I ran out of time. :( I also couldn't come up with anything good to make the teeth. I see that people use almond slices, but my daughter's school is a nut free school.

And Monday was a pumpkin theme with rice molded into pumpkins, salmon, sweet potato (I drew faces with food markers), cucumbers, and Fuji apple bits.


4 comments:

KP said...

All three of these are awesome!!! LOVE them:)

KP said...

What did you use to make Frankenstein green?

You could use Kamaboko (the white part to make teeth)

akm said...

I used food coloring to make "Frankie" green. I thought about kamaboko, but I wanted something harder. Almonds are perfect, but blast that nut free thing. (Not really knocking nut free. I completely understand the severity for children with allergies.)

I think I will go to Michael's after Halloween to see if I can score good deals for Halloween cooking and craft stuff for next year. I need stencils or cutters of things like bats, cats, and witches to make more things.

Minjenah said...

This is too cute!