Thursday, October 29, 2009

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! (blood curdling scream)

This is my semi-successful attempt at making a scary skull bento. I have to say that they looked much better BEFORE I shoved the shrimp into the box, but oh well.



I made two skulls using rice, marinated seaweed inserted into the mouth and nose cavities, and gummy eyeballs. The reason they are so big is because I was working around the rather lare eyeballs.

I added two panko breaded shrimp into the box because, frankly, I am out of veggie fillers and I couldn't just have a giant rice ball in the box.





I also included two smaller bentos to accompany the larger one. I put one more shrimp and cut up persimmons. Also added a soy sauce container for the rice.

These are far from perfect, but the kids loved them:)

5 comments:

amanda said...

love it~!

Anonymous said...

wow, that's amazing. your kids get great lunches. :0

Marie said...

Ha, so fun! The eyeballs are effectively creepy. Great job.

akm said...

Cool and creepy! ^^

mamichan said...

oh fun! such a great idea.