Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Morning Bento

Good morning! And can I just tell you that I LOVE Fall time changes! Yes I do!



Today is a simple lunch of steak bites.
In the lower tier are persimmon slices, steak cut into bite size pieces, and edamame in the piggy shaped cup. My son has a penguin shaped cup in his.
And that is not just plain furikake on their rice. It is Pokemon furikake! Can you see the little Pikachu faces?

I used a Hello Kitty bento box for my daughter and a Totoro box for my son:)

5 comments:

akm said...

Looks yummy!

I can get the basics here but finding things like Pokemon furikake and other characters is nonexistent. I was also looking for persimmon today but didn't find any that looked good enough to buy. I will have to hit up another store tomorrow, since it's closed on Mondays. I want gam!!!

KP said...

I had to drive an hour to find a Japanese market:) Next time I'm there I will stock up and send you some! I got my persimmons at Costco. I'm sure the Costco out there has different stuff, but might be worth a shot...mmmm!

akm said...

Did you drive into OC Mitsuwa or Marukai, or San Diego Mitsuwa? We've considered driving back to New Jersey to the Mitsuwa for hard to get things. That's a 3.5 hour drive. It's just across the George Washington Bridge in NYC, so we'd make another mini vacation of it like we did in May. The things we have to go through to get stuff! ^^

Costco is not in my immediate area. The closest one is in a Boston suburb. Only have Sam's Club or some chain called BJ's. Bleh to both of them!

KP said...

I drove to San Diego Mitsuwa and Marukai! I keep forgeting that you know California. Wow! A 3.5 hour drive is pretty hard core! I thought my hour was bad. I always hit both stores when I'm out there just because I know it's going to be awhile until I can go back. There's a Daiso out there too:)

mamichan said...

cutest furikake ever!