Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Koreanized Tonkatsu and Chirashi bento

Today I made Tonkatsu with a Korean twist:) The twist is using a gochujang mixture. I also included a mini chirashi sushi.



In one side of the box, tonkatsu. In the other side is sushi rice on the bottom, with masago, sliced cucumbers, thin sliced shrimp and a tamagoyaki heart. There is little cherry tomato flower for some added color.
I posted the recipe for my Koreanized Tonkatsu on the new recipe blog KRAJEE BENTO RECIPES. The link in on the right side of the page:)

6 comments:

akm said...

That's a great bento! Lucky kids! Maybe I'll try those things with Kiki. I can get them at the Korean market here. I know Kiki would like the masago (prefer ikura more) but not sure how she would like the ebi.

TayterCakes said...

Mmm Those shrimp look delicious!

Minjenah said...

So are your kids the envy of the schoolyard?

KP said...

You know in this new school, noone really notices their lunches. But that's okay, the kids have been begging me to pack bentos again, so they still love them. After that big break when we were all so sick, they really missed them.

akm said...

Your tamagoyaki looks way better than mine. After years of having a Japanese rectangle pan with angled ends for tamagoyaki, I've only just now come to learn to get the egg to do nicely so I can roll it to one side and keep building. It still doesn't look so nice, though. *sigh*

KP said...

akm, when I first started doing bento, I had no idea what tamagoyaki was. I had to look up a tutorial video on youtube to learn how to make it:)