Monday, February 1, 2010

Love is in the air

I was thinking I would make a few Valentine themed lunches this month, and so I started today, the first day of February. DD loves to get pancakes in her lunch, so I made heart-shaped ones today. I colored the batter pink but forgot that the browning on the outside would hide the pink. I added a few pieces of turkey bacon, some carrots, egg flowers, and heart-shaped cantaloupe. I still really need to work on presentation. I'm always running out of time and feel rushed, so I don't take the time I should to make it all look prettier. *sigh*

1 comment:

KP said...

Awww, she's a lucky girl:) I saw the pink before I read your post and thought you made strawberry pancakes...it gave me a craving! It looks yummy. You're hard on yourself, it looks great!