Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mitsuwa

I went to Mitsuwa Marketplace in San Diego yesterday. It's sad but I have to drive over an hour to get to a Japanese grocery store. There is also a Marukai there and I must say that Mitsuwa kicks Marukai's butt!!

For Hello Kitty junkies like me, Mitsuwa is a veritable crack house. There is a Sanrio store in the marketplace. And the grocery store itself is packed with Hello Kitty goodness. Check out the awesomely cute Hello Kitty pasta!

I also got this Anapanman furikake shaker. There were all kinds of Sanrio character furikake with shaped nori sprinkles...WEEEE!


Also something I can't find at regular grocery stores in my town: quail eggs!
I also got this fish sausage which come in tubes. This is the pink that I used in my last bento. I thought it would taste like kamaboko or fish cakes, but it tasted more like bologna. Not my favorite, but the kids love bologna so it will get eaten. Sakura denbu is the pink stuff in the plastic container. Its what I used as blush on my mear/bouse. Its a sweet shrimp powder for rice.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What does the fish sausage taste like? you can buy it here, but i've been nervous to try it!

KP said...

Hi Suselore!
Surprisingly, it tastes like bologna with a slight fish flavor. I don't care for it, but my kids loved it (they like bologna).

Par said...

Pretty cool place to shop, wish there was more places like that.