Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wednesday 10/01

So today I tried to "cute" up the lunches a little. I have mixed feelings about charaben bento. While I find it inspirational and do recognize it as an art form, sometimes it is a bit more for show than it is a nutritionally balanced meal for a child. I want to make lunches cute and fun, but for me, it's more about getting the kids to eat healthy.



Here are the boxes.


Here is what their lunches looked like.


Devin got a little girl made with lunchmeat, cheese hair, and her dress was made with Kamaboko (fish cake). Bryce's boy was also made of the same ingredients. His also had a hot dog surfboard.




The second tier has karaage, asian coleslaw, plums.










Snacks were sausage and cheese skewers and grapes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're on my reader so I look at your posts everyday with my jaws wide open. You're amazing and these are definitely at the top.

Minjenah said...

These are great! But at first glance your girl looked like she had three boobs. It is not you, my mind is in the gutter. And I love love love the Toy Story bento!

KP said...

Thanks, Julie!

Min, I would have never seen that, but now, that's all I see!

Minjenah said...

I am sorry Kia! I told you I have a gutter mind!