Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Visions of grandeur and tues 9/23

When I first got interested in bento, it was because of images of amazing Charaben bentos like this one. I had visions of waking up early and creating masterpieces like this cat for the kids to take to school. As soon as school started, reality set in. I've tried some character bentos and they've taken me nearly 3 hours to make and weren't even in the same league as this crazy one.


These are the best that I can muster up at 6am



Today's lunches: Steak fingers (these are a favorite of mine to pack and I make them at least once a week. They are done the night before, so I don't have to cook them in the morning), cherry tomatoes, rice with soy sauce and furikake. Second tier is more edamame and jalapeno cheese bread.





Snacks: A slice of brie, rice crackers, and grapes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That cat bento is insane... Great creativity though! :)

Rachel said...

When you serve sliced fruit in your bentos do you treat them with lemon water? Your pictures look so wonderful. In your last benetos you inserted white peaches. I don't know how white peaches would look like by lunch in my kids bentos since they don't refrigerate the kids' lunches at school.

Great job...you inspire me to pack more healthfully and creatively.

Alice

KP said...

Alice, some fruits like apples I do treat with lemon. I don't with the peaches. I'm sure there is a slight color change, but it never seems to bother them. They almost always finish their fruit:)