Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday's big hit.

The kids devoured their lunches today! They requested the exact same lunch for tomorrow, but I don't like to do repeats during the same week because they tire of things so quickly. They also really enjoyed using the Nightmare Before Christmas bentos.




One of my favorite sets, Nightmare Before Christmas. I love Jack almost as much as Hello Kitty.
Lunch was pan grilled salmon, rice with furikake, marinated cucumber leaves and flowers and carrot flowers, sliced nectarines, and edamame on the food picks. Soy sauce in the little fishy and some lemon slices.
Devins bento was too full to close properly so I wrapped it in this Jack furoshiki.

Their afternoon snack was more sliced nectarines, mini turkey and cheese sandwiches and a teeny tiny package of peanuts.
Here's my bentos for the day too. Salmon, edamame, cucumbers. Rice with furikake and an umeboshi and also some Korean anchovy ban chan. My snack bento had some parmesan crackers and nectarines.

3 comments:

Minjenah said...

I WANT A TOTORO BENTO!

I am so loving that bento. Thanks for the stores info too because I totally need to spend money on cute boxes.

KP said...

I got my Totoro ones from Sugarcharms. Be careful...highly addictive!

Tigresse said...

Hello
Nice blog
Where can I buy a Nightmare before Xmas bento box ?
Thanks