Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spring theme again even though I'm going into fall ^^

After paying $13 for Wilton Food Writers, I found online, a little too late, that people don't like them because they don't write well. Very true! So I paid $4.50 for Betty Crocker Easy Writers, and while they do write/color well, the tip of the marker is not firm. It flops back and forth, and so my sandwiches for today look like a kindergartener colored them. :p

Egg salad sandwiches in the shape of a bunny and a butterfly; sweet potato tulips with cucumber stems/leaves; baby Goldfish; kiwi. I was hoping to expand the foods that my daughter likes, but she has only a few things that are her favorites, these being them. My daughter is not fond of sweet potato, but I thought I'd give it another try.

2 comments:

KP said...

Very cute! Are the sweet potatoes raw? And if so, are they good that way? I would love to pack those for my kids, but like yours, mine will only eat a few different things.

akm said...

I put a sweet potato in the microwave for five minutes. I even like to make myself one once in a while. Yum! My daughter did eat the sweet potato today so I'm happy.