Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hello Kitty bento

I was pretty happy with my Hello Kitty bento from last week: the box, the cloth, and the plastic bag (which came from Target's dollar bin).

Hello Kitty bento 9.11.09

It was one of those times when I liked the look of the bento more than the contents. It was good, but not terribly filling in the end.

bento 9.11.09


top left: green bean casserole made from scratch using dragon beans, green beans, and onions from my CSA
top right: home-made curry zucchini pickles, using the overabundance of zucchini from my CSA
bottom: cucumber and tomato salad (again, both ingredients from my CSA)

I'm not ready to segue into fall foods yet. I'd like a few more weeks of summer tomatoes and corn. I haven't even had watermelon yet this year!

2 comments:

akm said...

I can't believe you found those in the $1 bin at Target! I am always at Target and looking through the bins and haven't see anything as good. Your food always looks great. Makes me hungry! ^^

Minjenah said...

Hear Hear on summer lasting a bit longer.

Your bento looks great!